Five Online Casino Games Gambling For Beginners Guide To Playing
Casino games such as game slot online, live casino betting games, and sports betting is by far the most popular way for people to spend their time gambling on the internet. Unfortunately, these games often have complicated rules and strategies that can make new players feel left-out and confused. If you're a beginner when it comes to gambling, then you are likely wondering what games are right for you and how to play them. Luckily, we have organized this guide of the most popular casino games for newcomers.
In this section, we will go over five of the casino games for beginners, as well as a brief explanation of their rules. The reality is there are tons of online gambling sites where you can play these games for real money. This is perfect if you don't have the funds to travel to a place like Las Vegas. While you can't beat the atmosphere of an in-person casino, online gambling is still a great way to have fun and practice at the same time.
1. Online Casino Slots
Want to learn the basics? Here are the key things you need to know about slot machines before you play, either in a casino or online.
Every slot machine is composed of a series of reels. The number of reels is always odd, with machines having three, five, seven, or even nine reels. Each reel has various icons or symbols on it. You win money if, after the reels spin, they stop and align in a manner that results in winning combination on one or more paylines.
The payline of a slot machine is composed of rows going across the reels from left to right. Paylines may be comprised of symbols that are all in the same row, or they may be in rows that fluctuate across the reels. Machines have from one to more than 50 paylines.
The symbols on a slot machine, which in essence align to make a winning combination of images across a payline, are in some way related to the theme of the machine. As an example, a machine with an adventure movie theme will include characters and other images from that movie, while one that is based on a sport will include images associated with the particular sport's theme.
Some symbols have specified properties and include free spin, scatter, wild, and bonus symbols. Often machines will offer a certain number of free spins if two or three of the designated free spin symbols appear on one turn. Wild symbols are used to complete paylines, as they can become any other symbol that's associated with the payout table.
Bonus symbols will usually send you into the bonus round and scatters may work in various ways. Scatters often influence the start of bonus rounds or your ability to win free spins.
In order to qualify for the maximum payout on a progressive slot machine, you have to make the maximum bet. It's unwise to play a progressive if you cannot afford to make the top wager.
For many players how much they can win on one hit is a big factor. The size of the elusive jackpot can certainly attract a slot lover. Usually, the higher the jackpot, the less often a machine pays off and the more expensive it is to play. Thus, the size of your bankroll once again becomes a factor.
If you are driven to win a progressive jackpot, you will need the cash to do so. That's because with most progressive machines you must make the maximum bet in order to qualify for the progressive. If you don't make the max wager and you do manage to get the winning combination, you'll win a smaller amount.
Before playing any slot machine, read the associated payout table that tells you what combination of symbols will result in you going to the bonus round, hitting a winning combination, or capturing free spins. It will also inform you of how much you will win on a given turn depending on the combination of symbols and how much you bet.
If we knew how to play slot machines and win every time every time, we'd be too busy sunning ourselves in the Bahamas to write this guide for you.
However, while we can't tell you how to play slot machines and win every time, we can show you a few slot machine tricks which will help you win more often. This is knowledge we've gained over decades, so take it in and make sure you understand it before choosing which game to play.
- Manage your bankroll effectively. This is probably the number one trick to winning slots more often. Don't get carried away and don't chase losses. Decide how much you're willing to lose beforehand, and only increase the size of your bets when you're playing with 'house money.'
- Check how volatile the game is. Some games go for long dry spells and then pay big wins, or lots of big wins, suddenly. These are high volatility slots. Some pay smaller amounts more frequently. These are low volatility slots. Your strategy on how to play slot machines should be determined in part by the game's volatility.
- Investigate the bonus rounds. If one free spins round has a 2x multiplier while another has an 8x multiplier, it makes sense to play the one with the bigger potential. Take your time to look at the paytables and see what's in store.
- Understand that you can't cheat. There are lots of articles online titled 'How to cheat at slots' and other variants of this. They're all BS. Save yourself the time and money wasted with these systems. Random number generators determine game outcomes. There are no patterns, and slot cheat codes don't work. Learn how to play slot machine effectively and hope for luck to show up.
- Pick high RTP slots. Each slot is programmed to pay a certain percentage of all bets back to players. You're better off playing a slot with a 98% RTP than one which pays 92%.
We've prepared online blackjack tips proven to work if followed correctly. The beauty of these tips is that they can help you win even when luck is not by your side. Let's get started.
Choose a Great Blackjack Site
Online casinos are convenient. But they're not created equal. Some websites provide a great variety of slots and poker games. However, they have one type of blackjack. On the flip side, gaming sites vary in their payout speeds, bonuses, customer service and web performance.
To have a delightful experience playing blackjack online, take time to choose a good website. Start by looking for safety features. Next, shop around for websites with the biggest varieties of blackjack games.
If you're in a hurry or don't know how to pick trustworthy casinos, find help on review websites. As can be seen here, the best online blackjack sites stand out in all key areas. But they have differing features you can use to distinguish them.
Know the Rules
One of the biggest mistakes you can make at a casino is to play a game whose rules you don't understand. You're bound to fail. In blackjack, the rules are simple. But they differ depending on the blackjack variant you choose:
- Classic Blackjack
- Perfect Pairs Blackjack
- Spanish 21
- Blackjack Switch
- Vegas Strip Blackjack
- Classic blackjack is the original game-and the best variant to play if you're a beginner. It has an incredibly low house edge-1%. And the rules are simple. Beat the dealer in producing a hand of 21.
If you decide to play variants like blackjack switch or perfect pairs, ensure you learn all the rules. This way, you don't risk losing game for knowing what to do in a game.
Learn Basic Blackjack Strategy
Every professional blackjack player swears by basic blackjack strategy. The explanation is straightforward. Basic blackjack lowers the house edge from 1% to 0.5%. For the uninitiated, house edge is the guaranteed advantage casinos have over players.
It ensures casinos make more money than players in the long run. Basic blackjack helps you lower this advantage through a cheat sheet-a list of rules to follow when playing the game. These rules include:
- Stand at 16 if a dealer has 2-6
- Hit at 12-16 if a dealer has a 7-Ace
- Split 8s and aces always
- Double down on 11 with a dealer's 2-10
- The beauty of following this strategy is that it's legal. You can print a cheat sheet and use it to make decisions while playing blackjack online.
Follow a Strict Budget
If you're like many beginners, you play blackjack because it's fun. Still, to be clear, you need a budget and a staking plan to help manage your finances accordingly. Far too many people underestimate the temptation to overspend at casinos.
Logically, your blackjack budget should make up a small amount of your net income. Pay your bills, invest and save for emergencies. Then craft a budget for blackjack. Assuming you decide to spend INR200 on the game per month.
Create a staking plan to determine the best amount to spend per game. Stick to your plan regardless of whether you win or lose. This will protect your from ever ruining your finances at online casinos.
Claim Blackjack Bonuses
You play blackjack for entertainment. So, why not get entertained without risking your money? Bonuses give you a chance to play all types of blackjack. But you must follow their rules to enjoy them fully.
To expound more, every bonus has its terms. Maybe you need to deposit INR10 or more to receive a bonus. Maybe you must playthrough your bonus 20x to cashout your profits. Read these rules.
If you like the rules of a bonus, use it to maximize your profits. Otherwise, keep in mind you might not cashout your bonus profits if you flout the rules.
Play Live Dealer Blackjack
Live blackjack is a form of blackjack that lets you play the game against a human dealer. Traditionally, the only way to play card games online was playing against computer software.
With live blackjack, you're connected to a casino through a video link. That way, you can see and talk to your opponent. It's more exciting and involving. And you could argue it's the best way to play blackjack.
All you need is to find a live blackjack site with the variants you love. Most beginners play classic blackjack. But you could also play blackjack switch, Spanish 21 and Vegas strip live.
3. Online Casino Roulette
Roulette might look intimidating, but it's quite a simple casino game. The game is known for its signature wheel with black and red colors and 36 numbers.
The only part of the roulette that requires a bit of knowledge is the different betting options.
Different bets come with different odds. The higher the odds on the bet, the bigger the payoff.
To begin, select a chip amount that you want to bet. Then, select one of the following bet types:
- Straight up - you place the bet on a single number (35:1)
- Split - you split the bet between two numbers (17:1)
- Street - you place a bet on three numbers in a row (11:1)
- Corners - you place a bet on four numbers (8:1)
- Basket - you place a bet on the numbers 1, 2, 3, and both zeros (6:1)
- Line - you place a bet on six numbers in two different rows (5:1)
- Column - you place a bet on twelve numbers in a column (2:1)
- Dozen - you place a bet on the first twelve numbers (2:1)
- Low number - you place a bet on the numbers one through eighteen (1:1)
- High number - you place a bet on the numbers nineteen through thirty-six (1:1)
- Red/black - you place a bet on red or black colors (1:1)
If you're a newcomer, then we recommend starting with the 1:1 bets so you have a 50% chance of winning.
So, place your chips on a red/black color, or a high/low number before the dealer announces the end of betting.
This will give you the best chance of winning, and give you a chance to see how the game operates.
There are plenty of different roulette strategies, so keep playing until you find the one that works best for you.
The basic rules of roulette are easy to learn and can be summarised as follows:
- Players place bets on numbered slots or outside bets on a table with numerous betting areas marked off.
- The dealer spins a roulette wheel in one direction only, then drops a ball into the numbered slots which dictates which number the play must wager on.
- The player can choose to place bets on either a single number or multiple numbers.
- The ball will land in one of the numbered slots or will land on 'no bet' or 'la partage' if it does not land in any of these slots.
- The player is then awarded a payout according to how many numbers are showing on the wheel and what number they were playing.
Since roulette online is so simple, and since it's played almost everywhere, it can be considered a good way to increase one's bankroll if one plays in low-limit venues. There are several websites online which provide free games of roulette and are simple enough to play that even a beginning gambler should be able to figure them out.
What are the Advantages of playing Roulette
Roulette is an exciting and thrilling game of chance. It involves spinning a roulette wheel, hoping that the ball falls into a winning number or combination. Roulette is one of the most popular casino games around, with many advantages to playing it compared to other games such as slot machines.
One of the greatest advantages of playing roulette is that it is a game of skill. A player can simply play according to the odds, and even if luck plays a part in the outcome, it is still highly possible for a player to win. If a person plays in such a way that they avoid betting on numbers that have already come up, or do not blindly follow their hunches, there will be many times where they beat the house. Another great advantage of the game is the amount of money that can be won. When it comes to slot machines, there is a set pay-out percentage, so a player can always know what they will win when they play. However, with roulette, the player must wait until the ball drops, and then they will know their winnings. This means that there is a lot more money to be won than if a player were gambling on slots, as it is possible for them to win several times more money on each play.
Another good thing about playing roulette is that it is not too complicated when compared to other casino games. A person does not have to memorise any complicated rules or strategies in order to be able to understand how the game works. In fact, all a person will need is to know how to place a chip on a number, and that is it. In many ways, roulette is much easier for people to learn than other casino games. The most appealing aspects of playing roulette are the thrill and excitement that come with playing the game. The thrill comes from placing bets on numbers and hoping that the ball will land in one of them. However, there are only so many times that this can happen before people get bored with winning small amounts of money.
4. Online Casino Poker
- Poker is a fun casino game because there's a lot more strategy involved, in addition to the chance.
- There are many variations, but the most popular type is likey Texas Hold Em'.
- In this version, you are dealt two cards which you keep to yourself. Then a round of betting occurs.
- You can either fold (quit the round), check (skip betting), or raise the bet.
- If someone at the table raises, then you must either call/raise the bet, or fold.
- After the first round of betting, three cards are placed upon the table.
- These are community cards that apply to everyone's hand ratings at the end of the round. Another round of betting occurs, and a fourth card is flipped.
- Then a final betting round happens and the players reveal their cards. If you want to brush up on your skills before diving into a game, then video poker is a great option.
- However, it's important to at least a passing understanding of the different hand ratings when it comes to poker.
- Otherwise, you're much more likely to lose money.
- Luckily, you can brush up on your knowledge using this guide here.
5. Online Baccarat
Baccarat is one of the oldest casino games and can make for a fun time gambling online or at the tables. While many may think it looks difficult, the card game is actually fairly easy to play. Baccarat can be found in casinos around the world, and it is the gambling game of choice for superspy character James Bond. The game is seen as elegant, and many high rollers enjoy the action, which sometimes scares off amateur gamblers.
However, it doesn't have to be just for high rollers and VIPs: online and live casinos also offer lower-stakes versions of the game. Players who do step up to the baccarat or minibaccarat tables will be rewarded with a game that has only a small house edge and is simple to play. Here's our casino guide to baccarat.
Before getting to gameplay, here are some things to know about baccarat.
- Hand values: Each card retains its numerical value in baccarat. Kings, queens, jacks, and 10s have a value of 0. Aces have a value of 1.
- Table talk: Baccarat tables can be a bit different depending on the casino. Larger casinos such as Caesars may offer larger tables (like those in the Bond films) that can seat up to 14 players. Other properties may offer minibaccarat, which seats about eight players and usually has lower limits. There is also a small difference in gameplay. In the mini version, all cards are dealt face up and the players never touch the cards.
- Player: A hand dealt for the player.
- Banker: A hand dealt to the house.
- Tie: A betting option to bet that the player and banker hands will be the same.
Learning the rules will not take too much time, and the main point here is to work on your skills, as it is the only way to win money. Think of it as a simple board game where you play against the dealer, and to get a better casino experience, online casinos have live dealer versions, meaning that everything is set for you to enjoy. No one likes to lose money, but if someone just doesn't know how to play baccarat, the chances are high that it is precisely what will happen. To avoid that, you have to solutions, and you can either continue reading as we will further discuss this topic or check this and get detailed instructions and guide on how to make the most out of your baccarat game.
Know more information about baccarat strategy: Basic Baccarat Betting Strategy That Will Help You Win More
Playing without learning the rules
Like every other game, Baccarat has some rules, and we cannot play them if we do not learn them first. Many beginners make a common mistake and try to learn rules on the go while playing for the first time, but it always results in losing some money. Baccarat is a popular game, and you can be sure that you know how to play it because you saw someone playing, but it is not enough. Because of that, it is crucial to read and learn the rules before the first game to make sure that you understand them well. Playing a game you do not understand will not only result in losing money, but it will also not be interesting enough to continue playing.
Not knowing the odds
Every game has a catch but, with baccarat, you know precisely where and what to look for. Namely, there are three options to place a bet on each hand, and one can bet on the bank, player, or a tie. Yes, it's that simple, but be warned, as betting by the hunch may get you some money at first, but that strategy will not work in the long run.
Now, let's talk about those famous odds, as the only thing you need to understand is that the dealer has 44% and the player 46% of winning each round. The obvious choice here is to avoid betting on a tie, as it has the lowest percentage, but betting on a tie can be the most profitable option as the odds are 8:1. As for the house edge, it's around 14%, so make sure you really know what you are betting on.
Not setting the budget
Setting the budget is the main thing for every gambling game because it is the only way to avoid losing too much money. Once we decide to try Baccarat, we need to set aside the amount of money we can spend, and it is crucial never to spend more than we can. The first time we exceed our budget for just one more game, we can find ourselves in the vicious circle and continue exceeding it every time we want to play more.
In most cases, it will result in losing more money than we have, so we can easily find ourselves in debt because of gambling or not having money for rent or food, which is a serious problem that requires professional help. Avoiding it is the best prevention, and in order to avoid it, we need to set the budget and stick to it, no matter how convinced we are that the next hand is our hand, and we will win.
One of the best ways in which casinos attract new players and keep the existing ones is bonuses. There are too many of them, and probably the most popular ones are welcome bonuses that we can use to try some games for free instead of using the real money. Many people are afraid to take advantage of these bonuses because they think it will cost them a lot, but there is no reason for that.
All we need is to read the rules to be sure what we need to do to get the bonus, and although sometimes we need to pay a small amount of money in order to get more free bets, in most cases we get these bonuses for free. Using the advantage of the welcome bonus means that we can practice playing the game for free and get some experience before we start playing for real money. Besides welcome bonuses, there are many others that we can use, and avoiding them is never a good option because there is no reason to reject something we get for free.
Card counting doesn't work
Even if we neglect the fact that card counting is considered cheating, this strategy will not work with baccarat. The answer to why is the system on which the game is based, and since it's all about the second digit of the combined total counting cards will not be efficient. Furthermore, it will ruin the whole gambling experience, and the fact that it doesn't work only means that you will absolutely get nothing from playing baccarat this way. So, work on your skills and bet, but bet smartly.
I know that you want to learn how to win when you gamble, but this takes a tremendous amount of work and time. And you should invest time into reaching this goal. But you also need to survive as you're learning. That's what the five plays in this article help you do.