5 Blackjack Card Counting Strategy Game Introduction
I believe you all still remember the basic rules of blackjack from our previous articles. Now let's learn some card-counting strategies. Some of you may already know a couple of them since you've been playing blackjack before, but the ones we are introducing today are the ones that may truly help you boost your win rate. This will definitely do you good.
What to Prepare for Blackjack Card Counting Strategy
I was a professional dealer so I had a lot of experience in card dealing. I've also witnessed many successful and failed players.
Some strategies and skills make their way to the top. Though before I start introducing these things, we need to talk about some basic concepts in card counting.
We may apply these concepts in learning the strategy and put it into practice.
I've had some keen conclusions based on years of observation of the game. That is, blackjack is a game rely less on luck. Compared to baccarat, roulette, and Sicbo, players are easier to increase their win rate by sharpening their playing style.
With less luck relied on, meaning there's more a player may gain control of. So the players may take action and acquire victory through these actions. That is the keen point of view for this paragraph. We need to level up our skills.
Blackjack Card Counting Strategy 1: Basic strategy (Player holds hands)
- 17 points：17 points is an awkward sum since it's in between the bigger points. The strategy suggests we stand no matter the points combination of the house.
- (13、14、15、16) points： If the house's point is between 2-6 then we stand. We hit if it's 7-Ace
- 12 points： Stand if the points of the house are 4-6, hit if the points are otherwise.
- (10、11) points： Hit when the house got an Ace, double down with the rest of the points
- 9 point： Hit when the points of the house's points are 7-Ace, double down the rest of the points
- (2~8) points：Hit
Blackjack Card Counting Strategy 2：Ace's Strategy (Player holds an Ace)
- A8, A9： The sum is 18 or 19, which is fairly close to 21. If we are hot it might make our hands' point go lower, so we stand no matter what points the house are.
- A7：Hit if the house got an Ace or 10 points, stand for the rest of the points
- A2, A3, A4, A5, A6： Hit
Blackjack Card Counting Strategy 3：Split strategy(Player hold pairs)
- A, A： Lots of volatility, split it every time.
- 10, 10：Sum is 20 points, which is very likely to win, keep, and don't split.
- 9, 9：If the house got an Ace or an 8 then don't split, split for the rest of the points.
- 8, 8：Split since the sum is not high enough
- 7, 7：Split if the house got (3~8), keep if it's (9、10、Ace).
- 6, 6：Split if the house got (3~7), keep if it's (8~Ace).
- 5, 5：Keep since there's no advantage from splitting
- 4, 4：Split if the house has 6 or 7, and keep if it's the rest of the points.
- 3, 3：Split if the house has points from 3~8, keep if it's 9, 10, Ace.
- 2, 2：Keep since there's no advantage from splitting
Blackjack Card Counting Strategy 4：Insurance
Insurance only kicks in when there's an Ace shown in the house's hand. Since the chances for the face-down cards to be 10s aren't low, meaning that there's a fair possibility the house may hit blackjack, the insurance has become important.
The player needs to pay half the betting amount as an insurance bet, if the dealer does hit blackjack, then the insurance will pay the player in the odds of 1 to 2. Otherwise, the bet will be collected by the dealer and then proceed into the next stage of the game.
Though the timing for insurance is important. So the players need to know what kind of held hands would require insurance while facing an Ace.
According to the odds and the house edge percentage, the factor that matters the most is the remaining face card amount.
Since blackjack requires a face card plus an Ace, so whenever we saw an Ace on the opposite hand, we need to be aware of the amount of the remaining face card to decide whether or not we need to buy insurance.
Blackjack Card Counting Strategy 5：Surrender timing
Most casinos doesn't set a limit for a player to surrender, meaning that the player is capable of taking back half of their bet no matter what card they are facing. So under which condition would the players choose to lose half of the bet rather than gamble for a win?
Whenever the house holds an ace might be the most popular case for this action since if the house possesses this, we may only lose less if we hit blackjack, regular 21 or 20 points. Surrender with the rest of the points we got since we won't be able to beat the combination with an Ace plus a face card, a 10, a nine, or even an eight. Therefore once we passed the insurance procedure, we would suggest you surrender.
Those are the 5 card-counting strategies for blackjack. Unlike the road-identifying strategy in baccarat, where we need to plan on steps for our bets, blackjack focuses on the game procedure and the actions we took among it.
Though these strategies are not all that we need to do to improve our win rate, it's merely the basic. If you wish to boost your win rate in advance, keep following our articles and we help you boost your game and gain profit so much that you can't even imagine. That's all for today, I will see you in the next article.
₹10,000 EVO First Deposit Live Casino Online Roulette Bonus is here! Claim your casino bonus for the EVO Live game, including roulette, red door roulette... and so on!
All the Baccarat and roulette games you can find in EVO live casino online, you can play with this casino bonus, so don't miss out on the bonus, especially for lighting roulette!