T20I 2022 5th India Vs South Africa Match Prediction: India Will Beat South Africa?

2022/11/01

Team India has made a roaring comeback in the 3rd and 4th T20I to level the series after losing the first two games.

The men in blue will cross swords with South Africa at the M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru on June 19 (Sunday) in the 5th and final T20I of the 5-match series between these two sides.

T20I 2022 5th India Vs South Africa Match Prediction: India Will Beat South Africa

In the 4th T20I, India completely outplayed South Africa by a huge margin of 82 runs. Bowling first in the match, the Proteas bowlers were impressive in the first 15 overs as they restricted the Indian batters to just 96-4. The man-in-form Ishan Kishan scored 27 off 26 balls while the skipper Rishabh Pant had another horrible day with the bat as he managed to score 17 runs from 23 balls at a poor strike rate of 73.91.

Dinesh Karthik and Hardik Pandya rescued team India in the death overs. They smashed 73 runs in the last 5 overs that helped their side to reach 169-6 from their 20 overs. The veteran Dinesh Karthik smashed 55 runs off just 27 balls including 9 fours and 2 sixes while Hardik Pandya scored 46 runs off 31 balls including 3 fours and 3 sixes. This was the first T20I half-century for DK and it took him almost 16 years to achieve this feat. Karthik also became the oldest Indian player to score a fifty in T20Is.

Lungi Ngidi was the pick-up of the bowlers as he claimed 2 wickets for 20 runs from his 4 overs while Anrich Nortje and Keshav Maharaj picked 1 wicket each for South Africa in the 4th T20I.

Coming to the chase, the South African batting lineup proved a wall of sand against the quality bowling attack of team India. The Proteas were dismissed for just 87 runs in the 17th over and this is also the lowest total in their T20 Internationals history. None of the South African batters managed to score 20 plus runs in the entire innings. Rassie van der Dussen was the top scorer with 20 runs off 20 balls. Avesh Khan was the star with the bowl for team India as he hunted 4 wickets for just 18 runs from his 4 overs. Yuzvendra Chahal also bowled well and picked up 2 wickets for 21 runs in that game.

India vs South Africa Match Details

• Venue: M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru
  • Date & Time: June 19, 7:00 PM
  • Live Streaming: Star Sports Network for Television and Disney + Hotstar app for live streaming

India vs South Africa Pitch Report

The pitch at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru will assist the batters while the pace bowlers can get some help early on. The spinners will come in handy in the middle overs but the runs will come easily throughout the innings. The pitch will be quite flat so 180 is likely to be a par score at this venue. Both teams will like to bat first after winning the toss because chasing the total will be difficult on this pitch.

Weather Report

The temperature is expected to hover around 23°C with 83% humidity and 17 km/hr wind speed on the match day. There are 68 percent chances of rain on Sunday so there are a lot of chances that the game would get affected a bit due to rain or bad weather.

Average 1st Innings Total

The average 1st innings total at the M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru is 166

Probable Playing XIs for IND vs SA

Here are the possible playing 11s for both India and South Africa for the fifth T20 International of this series

India Playing XIs

Ishan Kishan, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant (c & wk), Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik, Axar Patel, Harshal Patel, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Avesh Khan, Yuzvendra Chahal

South Africa Playing XIs

Quinton de Kock (wk), Temba Bavuma (c), Rassie van der Dussen, David Miller, Henrich Klassen, Dwaine Pretorius, Marco Jensen, Keshav Maharaj, Anrich Nortjej, Lungi Ngidi, Tabraiz Shamsi.

Head to Head Record

Let’s take a look at the head-to-head record between India and South Africa in T20 Internationals.

• Total Matches Played: 19
  • India won: 11
  • South Africa: 8
  • No result: 0

India vs South Africa Possible Top Performers

Probable Best Bowler of the Match: Harshal Patel

Harshal Patel has been the standout bowler for India in this series. The pacer has fine variations and skills that have helped him to pick wickets in a consistent manner. The 31-year-old pacer is currently the leading wicket-taker in the series with 7 wickets in 4 games. The right-arm fast bowler registered a match-winning spell of 4-25 in the 3rd T20I of this series. He will be the star bowler in the final match of this series.

Probable Best Batsman of the Match: Ishan Kishan

Ishan Kishan has played some brilliant knocks at the top for team India in this series. The left-hander has scored 191 runs in 4 games and he is the leading run-scorer in this series. The 23-old batter has also registered two half-centuries with the best score of 76 runs in the 1st match. Ishan Kishan is expected to play another big and match-winning knock for team India in this match and help them to win the series.

India vs South Africa Who Will Win

India has regained their form and the men in blue have been magnificent with both bat and bowl in the last two must-win games. The bowlers have destroyed the South African batting lineup in both the 3rd and 4th games of this series. The batting of team India is also quite deep as compared to South Africa.

The Proteas have to put their best performance in the final game of the series to beat the Indian side. Their batting department has collapsed in both the last couple of games so the experienced players need to shine and led their team towards victory as it is a big chance for them to beat India in their home conditions.

Overall the team combination of India is quite better than South Africa and we predict that India will beat South Africa in the 5th T20I of this series.

Know More About T20 World Cup Related Interest Topic

T20 World Cup Betting Site

If you want to make real money from the cricket betting, join one of the reliable online cricket betting sites in India. We have selected for you only legal and reliable online cricket betting sites that are 100% confident in their honesty and safety. On the Esabll.eu' site, you can find a wide variety of sport bets. You can bet before the match or while the game is going. There is also a choice: to bet on the entire team or an individual player’s result. Each bet has its odds, so your benefit will vary too. But you always need to remember: above odds – above risks. Go forward the Genuine Cricket Betting Sites In India.