T20I 3rd 2022 England Vs South Africa Match Prediction: England Has The Home Advantage And Strong Spin Bowling

2022/11/02

The 3-match T20I series between Australia and South Africa is leveled at 1-1 as both teams have won 1 game each and they will be keen to win the series and lift the trophy in the final game on Sunday.

South Africa will lock horns with England in the 3rd T20I at The Rose Bowl, Southampton on 29th July (Sunday). England was brilliant in the first game but South Africa made a superb comeback in the second T20I to keep the series alive.

T20I 3rd 2022 England Vs South Africa Match Prediction

In the opening game of the series, England posted their 2nd highest T20I total on the board due to some excellent batting performance from their middle-order. Johnny Bairstow scored 90 runs while Moeen Ali smashed a half-century from just 16 balls including 8 sixes (the fasted T20I fifty by an English batter in T20Is). While chasing 235 runs, South Africa managed to reach 193-8 from their 20 overs. Tristan Stubbs stunned every one by playing an exceptional knock of 72 runs off just 28 balls. He smashed 2 fours and 8 sixes at a strike rate of over 257. 00. He tried his best to win the game for his side but unfortunately, he didn’t have enough support from the other end and hence South Africa lost that game by 41 runs.

South Africa returned with a brilliant 48 runs victory in the second T20I. The Proteas side scored 207-6 from their 20 overs. Reeza Hendricks scored his second consecutive half-century of the series while Rilee Rossouw remained unbeaten on 96 runs off just 55 balls including 10 fours and 5 sixes.

In reply, the South African bowlers bowled at good line and lengths and didn’t allow any of the opposition batters to score big. No English batter managed to reach cross even the 40 runs mark. Bairstow and Buttler scored 30 and 29 runs respectively for their side. England was bowled out for just 149 runs in the 17th over. Tabraiz Shamsi and Andile Phehlukwayo were the stars with bowl picking 3 wickets each while Lungi Ngidi also hunted two scalps from his 2 overs for his side.

England Vs South Africa Head To Head In T20Is

Here is the head-to-head record between England and South Africa in T20 Internationals.

• Total Matches Played: 24
  • England won: 12
  • South Africa won: 11
  • Tie/no result: 1

England Vs South Africa Match Details

• Match – England vs South Africa, 3rd T20I
  • Date – Sunday, 31th July 2022
  • Time – 7:00 PM IST
  • Venue – The Rose Bowl, Southampton
  • Broadcast – Sony Sports Network for television and SonyLiv for live streaming

Average 1st Innings Total

The average 1st innings score at The Rose Bowl, Southampton is 165

England Vs South Africa Pitch Report

The pitch at The Rose Bowl, Southampton assists the batters and is famous for its batting paradise wickets. The new ball will give some early movement to the bowlers but runs will come at a quick pace. The ball will come nicely on the bat and it will give good value to the shots. Although the team batting second has won both the games in this series but still, both the captains will like to bowl first and chase the total on this pitch.

Weather Report

The temperature in Southampton is expected to hover around 15°C to 23°C on Sunday. There are 10 to 25 percent chances of rain during the match and the clouds will cover the sky throughout the game.

England Vs South Africa Squads

South Africa Squads

David Miller (c), Gerald Coetzee , Quinton de Kock, Reeza Hendricks, Heinrich Klaasen, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje, Wayne Parnell, Andile Phehlukwayo, Dwaine Pretorius, Kagiso Rabada, Rilee Rossouw, Tabraiz Shamsi, Tristan Stubbs, Rassie van der Dussen

England Squads

Jos Buttler (c), Moeen Ali, Jonny Bairstow, Harry Brook, Sam Curran, Richard Gleeson, Chris Jordan, Liam Livingstone, Dawid Malan, Adil Rashid, Jason Roy, Phil Salt, Reece Topley, David Willey

England Vs South Africa Probable Playing XI

Here are the possible playing XIs of both teams

England Playing XI

Jos Buttler (c & wk), Jason Roy, Dawid Malan, Jonny Bairstow, Moeen Ali, Liam Livingstone, Sam Curran, Chris Jordan, Adil Rashid, Richard Gleeson, Reece Topley

South Africa Playing XI

Quinton de Kock (wk), Reeza Hendricks, Rilee Rossouw, Heinrich Klaasen, David Miller ©, Tristan Stubbs, Andile Phehlukwayo, Kagiso Rabada, Keshav Maharaj, Lungi Ngidi, Tabraiz Shamsi

England Vs South Africa Possible Star Batter Of The Match

Jonny Bairstow

Jonny Bairstow has continued his Test form in this T20 series and he was the top scorer for England in both the 1st two games. The right-handed batsman smashed a brilliant knock of 90 runs off 53 balls in the opening game including 3 fours and 8 huge sixes. Bairstow also scored 30 runs off 21 balls in the second match. He is looking in excellent touch and is expected to play another big and match-winning knock for his side in the all-important decider on 29th July.

England Vs South Africa Probable Star Bowler Of The Match

Lungi Ngidi

Lungi Ngidi is looking in excellent touch with the ball in this T20I series. The right-arm pacer is currently the highest wicket-taker in the series and he will want to pick some crucial wickets for his team in the third and final game of this series. He registered a superb five-wickets haul in the 1st game. The pacer picked up 5 important wickets for just 39 runs from his 4 overs. Ngidi has already picked up seven wickets in the 1st two matches at an excellent average of just 7.14 runs. He will be the key bowler for the Proteas in the decider on Sunday.

England Vs South Africa Match Prediction Who Will Win

England was brilliant in the 1st game but South Africa made an exceptional comeback in the next game to level the series at 1-1. Both teams have a very strong squad and they will be keen to win the trophy in the final game.

The batting department of both teams is outstanding and the main battle will be in the bowling department. England also has the home advantage and their spin bowling is quite strong. Hence m, we predict that England will win the 3rd T20I against South Africa on Sunday.

Know More About T20 World Cup Related Interest Topic

T20 World Cup Betting Site

If you want to make real money from the cricket betting, join one of the reliable online cricket betting sites in India. We have selected for you only legal and reliable online cricket betting sites that are 100% confident in their honesty and safety. On the Esabll.eu' site, you can find a wide variety of sport bets. You can bet before the match or while the game is going. There is also a choice: to bet on the entire team or an individual player’s result. Each bet has its odds, so your benefit will vary too. But you always need to remember: above odds – above risks. Go forward the Genuine Cricket Betting Sites In India.