T20I 2022 1st India Vs West Indies Match Prediction: West Indies Needs To Deliver Their 100 Percent To Beat This Indian Side

2022/11/02

The regular skipper Rohit Sharma is back to lead the T20 side of India for the 5-match series against West Indies starting from 29th July.

The men in blue will cross swords with West Indies in the 1st T20I against West Indies on 29th July (Friday) at the Brian Lara Stadium Tarouba, Trinidad. India will be confident after completing a whitewash in the ODI series.

T20I 2022 1st India Vs West Indies Match Prediction

After a thrilling and entertaining ODI series, both teams will now shift their focus towards the 5-match T20I series. India thrashed the hosts in the three One Day Internationals and would now be eyeing to win the T20I series as well.

Rohit Sharma was rested in the ODI series but now he will be back to lead his side in the shortest format of the game. This series is a great chance to prepare for the upcoming Asia Cup and T20 World Cup. Although Rohit is back but still India will not be playing with their full strength playing 11 as Virat Kohli and Jasprit Bumrah have been given rest while KL Rahul is still injured and hasn’t recovered completely. So, once again it is a big chance for the youngsters to showcase their talent and cement their place in the Indian lineup.

On the other hand, West Indies showed some excellent fight in the 1st two ODIs but they were completely outplayed by the Indian team in the final ODI. The Caribbean Side will be pleased with the return of Shimron Hetmyer and Obed McCoy to the lineup. West Indies becomes a completely different side when it comes to the shortest format of the game and they will be looking to take their revenge on the Indian team in the T20I series. Nicholas Pooran and Shimron Hetmyer will be key batters for West Indies in this series while Obed McCoy and Akeal Hosein will lead the bowling department against a strong Indian batting lineup.

T20I 2022 1st India Vs West Indies Match Prediction

India Vs West Indies Head To Head In T20Is

Here is the head-to-head record between West Indies and India in T20Is.

• Total Matches Played: 20
  • India won: 13
  • West Indies won: 6
  • Tie/no result: 1

India Vs West Indies Match Details

• Match – India vs West Indies, 1st T20I
  • Date – Wednesday, 29th July 2022
  • Time – 8:00 PM IST
  • Venue – Brian Lara Stadium Tarouba, Trinidad
  • Live Streaming: FanCode

Average 1st Innings Total

The average 1st innings score at Brian Lara Stadium is 145 runs.

India Vs West Indies Pitch Report

The pitch at Brian Lara Cricket Stadium assists the batting side. The bowl will come nicely onto the bat and the batters will enjoy batting on this surface. The pace bowlers can create some trouble early on with the new ball and the Spinners will be the key to picking up wickets in the middle overs. Chasing the target will be a bit easier as compared to defending it on this pitch so, both captains will like to bowl after winning the toss.

Weather Report

The temperature in the 1st T20I is expected to hover around between 23°C to 30°C with 67-80% humidity on match day. There are almost 30 to 50 percent chances of rain in Trinidad on 29th July. The sky will be partly cloudy and we might witness 2 consecutive rain-affected matches in this series. There are some big chances of deduction of overs as the play of complete 20 overs might not be possible due to rain

India Vs West Indies Squads

West Indies Squads

Nicholas Pooran (c), Rovman Powell, Shamarh Brooks, Dominic Drakes, Shimron Hetmyer, Jason Holder, Akeal Hosein, Alzarri Joseph, Brandon King, Obed McCoy, Keemo Paul, Romario Shephard, Odean Smith, Devon Thomas, Hayden Walsh.

India Squads

Rohit Sharma (C), Suryakumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer, Deepak Hooda, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ishan Kishan, KL Rahul, Dinesh Karthik, Rishabh Pant, Ravi Bishnoi, Kuldeep Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Avesh Khan, Harshal Patel, Arshdeep Singh

India Vs West Indies Probable Playing XI

Here are the possible playing XIs of both teams

West Indies Playing XI

Brandon King, Kyle Mayers, Shamarh Brooks, Nicholas Pooran (c & wk), Rovman Powell, Jason Holder, Odean Smith, Romario Shepherd, Akeal Hosein, Hayden Walsh, Obed McCoy

India Playing XI

Rohit Sharma (c), Rishabh Pant (wk), Shreyas Iyer, Suryakumar Yadav, Deepak Hooda, Dinesh Karthik, Hardik Pandya, Kuldeep Yadav/Ravichandran Ashwin, Bhuvneshawar Kumar, Avesh Khan, Harshal Patel

India Vs West Indies Possible Star Batter Of The Match

Suryakumar Yadav

Suryakumar Yadav completely failed in the ODI series but he has been in magnificent form with the bat in the shortest format of the game. He will be one of the key batters in this Indian lineup. In his last T20I, the right-handed batsman smashed an unbelievable hundred against England third where he almost single-handedly took his side over the line while chasing a 200-plus target. He slammed 117 runs off just 55 balls in that game against England. He is expected to play another good knock in the opening game against West Indies.

India Vs West Indies Probable Star Bowler Of The Match

Bhuvneshwar Kumar

Bhuvneshwar Kumar looked in excellent touch with the ball in the previous series against England. The right-arm pacer picked up 4 wickets including a match-winning 3-wicket haul against England. He was one of the main performers who played a key role in winning the series against the English side. He will be looking to carry his rhythm and form in this series against West Indies. The senior pacer is expected to continue surprising the Windies batters with his swing and accuracy.

India Vs West Indies Match Prediction Who Will Win

West Indies is a very dangerous side when it comes to T20Is as they have a lot of hard hitters and match winners in their lineup who can turn the tables anytime but they are lacking consistency in their performance. West Indies needs to deliver their 100 percent to beat this Indian side.

Meanwhile, India is looking in red-hot form in white-ball formats. They have a great depth in their squad. Both the batting and bowling departments are looking very strong and their team combination is much better as compared to the hosts.

Hence, we predict that India will beat West Indies in the 1st T20I of this series.

Know More About T20 World Cup Related Interest Topic

T20 World Cup Betting Site

If you want to make real money from the cricket betting, join one of the reliable online cricket betting sites in India. We have selected for you only legal and reliable online cricket betting sites that are 100% confident in their honesty and safety. On the Esabll.eu' site, you can find a wide variety of sport bets. You can bet before the match or while the game is going. There is also a choice: to bet on the entire team or an individual player’s result. Each bet has its odds, so your benefit will vary too. But you always need to remember: above odds – above risks. Go forward the Genuine Cricket Betting Sites In India.