T20I 2nd 2022 New Zealand Vs West Indies Match Prediction: New Zealand’s Bowlers Bowled Well To Defend The Target

2022/11/03

New Zealand will be keen to win the 3-match series on Friday as they are currently leading the series by 1-0.

The Black Caps will face West Indies in the 2nd T20I on 12th August (Friday) at Sabina Park, Kingston. The visitors started the series with a win in the opening game. New Zealand is so far undefeated in 2022, winning all of their 8 T20I matches. Meanwhile, the Caribbean side lost their 4th consecutive T20I at home and they have to win the next game to stay alive in the series.

T20I 2nd 2022 New Zealand Vs West Indies Match Prediction

In the Second T20I, New Zealand registered a 13 runs victory. West Indies won the toss and elected to bowl first. The black caps managed to post 185 runs on the board with the loss of 5 wickets. The New Zealand openers gave an excellent start to their side and added 62 runs for the first wicket. Devon Conway was more aggressive among those two as he smashed 43 runs off just 29 balls including 4 fours and 2 sixes. His partner Martin Guptill scored 16 runs off 17 balls. Odean Smith dismissed both these openers consecutively in the 8th over. Glen Phillips and Daryl Mitchell failed to contribute much and got out on 17 and 16 runs respectively. Kane Williamson, who was playing his first T20I after the gap of 9 months, played a brilliant knock of 47 runs off just 33 balls. The kiwi captain smashed 4 fours and 2 sixes in his knock. Jimmy Neesham gave the finishing touch to the innings with his powerful hitting. The left-hander slammed 3 fours and 2 sixes. Odean Smith picked up 3 wickets for his side.

Chasing 186 runs, West Indies lost Kyle Mayers early on in the second over. His partner Brooks scored 42 runs but off 43 balls. West Indies kept on losing wickets at regular intervals and both their top and middle order failed badly. They were 114 for 7 at one stage in the 15th over but Odean Smith and Romario Shephard added 58* runs for the 8th wicket. These two tried their best to turn the tables but the kiwi bowlers did well to restrict them 13 runs short of the target. Romario Shephard smashed 31 runs off 16 balls including four and 3 sixes and at a strike rate of 193.75 while Odean Smith scored 27 runs off 12 balls ( 4 fours and 1 six). For New Zealand, Mitchell Santner picked up 3 wickets for just 19 runs from his 4 overs.

T20I 2nd 2022 New Zealand Vs West Indies Match Prediction

New Zealand Vs West Indies Match Details

• Teams - New Zealand vs West Indies, 2nd T20I
  • Date - Friday, 12th August 2022
  • Time - 12:00 AM IST
  • Venue - Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica.

Average 1st Innings Total

The average 1st innings score at Sabina Park, Kingston is 170 runs.

New Zealand Vs West Indies Head-to-Head Record in T20Is

Here is the head-to-head record w India and West Indies in T20 Internationals.

• Total Matches Played - 17
  • West Indies won - 5
  • New Zealand won - 10
  • Tie/ No Result - 2

New Zealand Vs West Indies Pitch Report

The pitch at Sabina Park usually assists both the batters and fast bowlers but as we have seen in the previous game that there was help for both pacers and spinners. Another high-scoring game is expected between these two sides on Friday. Both captains will like to bat first on this pitch.

Weather Report

The temperature in Kingston on Friday for the 2nd T20I is expected to hover around 16 to 18°C with 74 percent humidity on match day. There are less than 30 percent chances of rain during the match.

New Zealand Vs West Indies Squads

West Indies Squads

Nicholas Pooran (Captain), Rovman Powell (Vice Captain), Shamarh Brooks, Dominic Drakes, Shimron Hetmyer, Jason Holder, Akeal Hosein, Alzarri Joseph, Brandon King, Kyle Mayers, Obed McCoy, Keemo Paul, Romario Shepherd, Odean Smith, Devon Thomas, Hayden Walsh Jr.

New Zealand Squads

Kane Williamson (Captain), Finn Allen, Trent Boult, Michael Bracewell, Devon Conway, Lockie Ferguson, Martin Guptill, Matt Henry, Tom Latham, Daryl Mitchell, Jimmy Neesham, Glenn Phillips, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee

New Zealand Vs West Indies Probable Playing XI

Here are the possible playing XIs of both teams

West Indies Playing XI

yle Mayers, Shamarh Brooks, Nicholas Pooran (c), Devon Thomas (wk), Shimron Hetmyer, Jason Holder, Rovman Powell, Romario Shepherd, Odean Smith, Hayden Walsh, Obed McCoy

New Zealand Playing XI

Martin Guptill, Devon Conway (wk), Kane Williamson (c), Glenn Phillips, Daryl Mitchell, James Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee, Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult

New Zealand Vs West Indies Possible Star Batter Of The Match

Kane Williamson

Kane Williamson is one of the best batters in the world. In the opening game of this series against West Indies, he was playing his 1st T20I in 2022. The kiwi’s skipper scored a brilliant knock of 47 runs from just 33 balls including 2 sixes and 4 fours. His superb knock helped New Zealand to post a good total on the board. Williamson is a technically-sound batter of this era and he is expected to play another match-winning inning for his side on Friday.

New Zealand Vs West Indies Probable Star Bowler Of The Match

Mitchell Santner

Mitchell Santner was the star of the first T20I and he will be the key weapon for New Zealand in the second game yet again. The left-arm spinner picked up the important wickets of Shamarh Brooks, Nicholas Poora, and Shemron Hetmyer to rattle the West Indian batting lineup. He is in excellent form with the bowl as he is averaging under 23 with the economy rate of just 6.83 in T20Is this year. He could once again prove the game changer for the black caps in the 2nd game with his variations.

New Zealand Vs West Indies Match Prediction Who Will Win

New Zealand batted brilliantly in the 1st T20I and their bowlers also bowled well to defend the target against the West Indies batting lineup. Hence, they are looking in great touch in both departments of the game.

On the other hand, nothing is going in West Indies favor as they have lost their 4th consecutive match in T20Is. They are struggling with both bat and bowl.

Hence, we predict that New Zealand will beat West Indies in the 2nd T20I of this series.

Know More About T20 World Cup Related Interest Topic

T20 World Cup Betting Site

If you want to make real money from the cricket betting, join one of the reliable online cricket betting sites in India. We have selected for you only legal and reliable online cricket betting sites that are 100% confident in their honesty and safety. On the Esabll.eu' site, you can find a wide variety of sport bets. You can bet before the match or while the game is going. There is also a choice: to bet on the entire team or an individual player’s result. Each bet has its odds, so your benefit will vary too. But you always need to remember: above odds - above risks. Go forward the Genuine Cricket Betting Sites In India.