T20I 3rd 2022 New Zealand Vs West Indies Match Prediction: New Zealand’s Bowlers Have Successfully Defended The Total On Both Occasions

2022/11/03

New Zealand has already won the 3-match series and has taken an unassailable lead of 2-0 and they will be eyeing a whitewash on Sunday.

The Black Caps will face West Indies in the 3rd and final T20I on 14th August (Sunday) at Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados. The visitors have taken an unassailable 2-0 lead in the 3-match series against West Indies and now they have a chance of checking their bench strength. West Indies also have lost 5th consecutive match in T20I and they need to display some better performance in the final game to avoid the whitewash and end this series on a high.

T20I 3rd 2022 New Zealand Vs West Indies Match Prediction

The West Indies management has a lot of questions to answer after losing yet another T20I series at home. The 2-time World T20 champions have managed to win just 6 out of 18 T20Is in 2022. They need to rebuild and prepare for the upcoming T20 World Cup in October in Australia.

In the Second T20I, New Zealand thrashed the host by a huge margin of 90 runs. Batting first, the black caps posted 215 runs on the scoreboard courtesy of a superb knock from Glenn Phillips who smashed 76 runs off just 41 balls. The right-handed batsman slammed 4 fours and 6 sixes in his inning at a strike rate of 185 plus. He was well supported by Daryl Mitchell who scored a blistering knock of 48 runs from just 20 balls including 2 fours and 4 sixes. Phillips and Mitchell added 83 runs for the 4th wicket. Devon Conway also scored 42 runs for his side at the top.

Chasing 216 runs, the West Indies batting collapsed once again and they were 6 down for just 40 runs within the first 10 overs. The Caribbean side managed to cross the 100-run mark courtesy of an unbeaten 38-run stand between Walsh and McCoy for the last wicket that took their side to 125-9 from their 20 overs. Obed McCoy remained unbeaten on 23 runs off 15 balls including 3 fours and a six while Rovman Powell and Romario Shephard scored 21 and 18 runs respectively for their side. Only 1 of the top 5 West Indian batters managed to cross double figures. Mitchell Santner and Michael Bracewell were pick up of the bowlers as both of them picked up 3 wickets each conceding just 15 runs from their 4 overs.

T20I 3rd 2022 New Zealand Vs West Indies Match Prediction

New Zealand Vs West Indies Match Details

• Teams - New Zealand vs West Indies, 3rd T20I
  • Date and Time - 15th August at 12:00 AM IST0 and 14th August at 2:00 PM Local Time
  • Venue - Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados

Average 1st Innings Total

The average 1st innings score at Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados is 160 runs.

New Zealand Vs West Indies Head-To-Head Record In T20Is

Here is the head-to-head record between New Zealand and West Indies in T20 Internationals.

• Total Matches Played - 18
  • West Indies won - 5
  • New Zealand won - 11
  • Tie/ No Result - 2

New Zealand Vs West Indies Pitch Report

The pitch at Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados helps the batting side. In both the last two games, New Zealand has managed to win after scoring 180-plus runs. Meanwhile, the bowlers have got benefited in the second innings. The pacers will get some movement early on in the powerplay. Both the captains will like to bat first on this pitch.

Weather Report

The temperature in Kingston on Sunday for the 3rd T20I is expected to hover around 25°C with 74 percent humidity on match day. There are about 50 percent chances of rain during the match.

New Zealand Vs West Indies Squads

West Indies Squads

Nicholas Pooran (Captain), Rovman Powell (Vice Captain), Shamarh Brooks, Dominic Drakes, Shimron Hetmyer, Jason Holder, Akeal Hosein, Alzarri Joseph, Brandon King, Kyle Mayers, Obed McCoy, Keemo Paul, Romario Shepherd, Odean Smith, Devon Thomas, Hayden Walsh Jr.

New Zealand Squads

Kane Williamson (Captain), Finn Allen, Trent Boult, Michael Bracewell, Devon Conway, Lockie Ferguson, Martin Guptill, Matt Henry, Tom Latham, Daryl Mitchell, Jimmy Neesham, Glenn Phillips, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee

New Zealand Vs West Indies Probable Playing XI

Here are the possible playing XIs of both teams

West Indies Playing XI

Kyle Mayers, Shamarh Brooks, Nicholas Pooran (c), Devon Thomas (wk), Shimron Hetmyer, Jason Holder, Rovman Powell, Romario Shepherd, Odean Smith, Hayden Walsh, Obed McCoy

New Zealand Playing XI

Martin Guptill, Devon Conway (wk), Kane Williamson (c), Glenn Phillips, Daryl Mitchell, James Neesham, Michael Bracewell, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee, Trent Boult

New Zealand Vs West Indies Possible Star Batter Of The Match

Martin Guptill

Martin Guptill is currently one of the most experienced New Zealand batters. He failed to score big runs after getting settled in both the 1st two games of this series. Although he has just scored 16 and 20 runs respectively in the 1st and 2nd T20I but Guptill is an experienced player and he knows how to make a good comeback. He is one of the most destructive T20I batters of this era and can demolish any bowling unit on his day. The right-handed batsman is yet to score a half-century in 2022 and is expected to score it in the final game of this series

New Zealand Vs West Indies Probable Star Bowler Of The Match

Mitchell Santner

Mitchell Santner has been impressive in both the opening two games of this series. After becoming Player of the Match in the 1st T20I by picking up 2 wickets, the left-arm spinner has once again delivered with the bowl and claimed another 3-wickets haul to restrict West Indies to only 125 runs. He dismissed both the Caribbean openers within the powerplay and conceded just 15 runs from his 4 overs.

New Zealand Vs West Indies Match Prediction Who Will Win

New Zealand has been brilliant in this series with both bat and bowl. They have outplayed the hosts in the 1st two games of this series. The batters have scored 180 plus in both games and the bowlers have successfully defended the total on both occasions.

On the other hand, West Indies have been struggling in their favorite format. They need to win this game and avoid a whitewash at home. They are looking a completely weak side despite the presence of some T20I giants in their lineup.

The team combination and form of New Zealand is definitely looking a lot better as compared to West Indies. Hence, we predict that New Zealand will beat West Indies in the 3rd T20I of this series.

Know More About T20 World Cup Related Interest Topic

T20 World Cup Betting Site

If you want to make real money from the cricket betting, join one of the reliable online cricket betting sites in India. We have selected for you only legal and reliable online cricket betting sites that are 100% confident in their honesty and safety. On the Esabll.eu' site, you can find a wide variety of sport bets. You can bet before the match or while the game is going. There is also a choice: to bet on the entire team or an individual player’s result. Each bet has its odds, so your benefit will vary too. But you always need to remember: above odds - above risks. Go forward the Genuine Cricket Betting Sites In India.