T20I 2022 2nd India Vs South Africa Match Prediction: Team India Will Be Looking To Make A Comeback

2022/11/01

Team India will be looking to make a comeback in the series by winning the second T20I while South Africa is keen to make it 2-0.

India will cross swords with South Africa in the 2nd T20I at the Barabati Stadium in Cuttack on June 12 (Sunday).

T20I 2022 India Vs South Africa Match Prediction

South Africa defeated India in the first T20I by 7 wickets as they chased down a huge target of 212 runs in the last over. South Africa also ended the 12-match winning streak of India in the T20 Internationals. It was a horrible day for the Indian bowlers as they were completely thrashed by the power-hitting of the Proteas batters.

At the halfway stage of the chase, South Africa was 3 down for 86 runs but Rassie van der Dussen and David Miller piled up an outstanding partnership to smash 126 runs from the final 10 overs to get their side over the line. This was also the highest successful chase from South Africa in T20 cricket.

At one stage, Rassie van der Dussen was struggling at 30 off 32 but he suddenly he shifted his gears and slammed 45 runs off his next 16 deliveries to remain unbeaten on 75 runs off 45 balls including 7 fours and 5 sixes.

David Miller also continued his IPL form in this series as he played a brilliant inning of 64* runs in the opening game. Miller smashed 4 fours and 5 sixes in his magnificent 31-ball knock.

Earlier India managed to post a big score of 211 runs on the scoreboard due to an excellent knock from Ishan Kishan who scored 76 runs off just 48 balls. Shreyas Iyer (36 off 27) and Rishabh Pant (29 off 16) also played well while Hardik Pandya gave an excellent finish to the Indian innings with his power hitting. Pandya smashed 31 runs off just 12 balls at a strike rate of 258.33 including 2 fours and 3 sixes.

India vs South Africa Match Details

Venue: Barabati Stadium in Cuttack

Date & Time: June 12, 7:00 PM

Live Streaming: Star Sports Network for Television and Disney + Hotstar app for live streaming.

India vs South Africa Pitch Report

The pitch at the Barabati Stadium is quite neutral where both the batting and bowling sides are expected to receive benefit from the wicket. Spinners can prove lethal in the middle overs while the fast bowlers would have more help throughout the game. Both teams will like to chase the target on this track.

Weather Report

The temperature is expected to hover around 33°C with 73% humidity and 17 km/hr wind speed on the match day. There are no chances of rain during the match.

Average 1st innings total

The average 1st innings total at the Barabati Stadium in Cuttack is 138

India vs South Africa Probable Playing XIs

India Playing XIs

Ishan Kishan, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant (c & wk), Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik, Axar Patel, Harshal Patel, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Umran Malik/Arshdeep Singh, Yuzvendra Chahal

South Africa Playing XIs

Quinton de Kock (wk), Temba Bavuma (c), Rassie van der Dussen, David Miller, Tristan Stubbs, Dwaine Pretorius, Wayne Parnell, Kagiso Rabada, Keshav Maharaj, Anrich Nortje, Tabraiz Shamsi

Head to Head Record

Let’s take a look at the head-to-head record between India and South Africa in T20I

Total Matches Played: 16

India won: 9

South Africa: 7

No result: 0

India vs South Africa Possible Top Performers

Probable Best Bowler of the Match: Yuzvendra Chahal

Yuzvendra Chahal conceded 26 runs from his 2.1 overs and failed to trouble the Proteas batters in the 1st game on a flat surface. But he was the highest wicket-taker in the IPL 2022 with 27 scalps, including a five-wicket haul, with an economy rate of 7.75. The star leg-spinner is expected to shine in the second match and pick a few wickets against South Africa on the tricky and spin-friendly wicket of Cuttack.

Probable Best Batsman of the Match: Ishan Kishan

Ishan Kishan was superb in the first T20I against South Africa on 10th June as he smashed 76 runs off 48 deliveries. He continued his good form from the second phase of IPL where he scored 418 runs at an average of 32.15 with three half-centuries. The left-hander was the highest run-scorer for India in the previous game and he is expected to score more runs in the next match with the kind of form he is in.

India vs South Africa Who Will Win

South Africa and India were superb with the bat in the previous game but both these sides failed badly with the bowl. Both teams need to work on their bowling for the next game. South Africa registered a record-breaking chase to beat India and they will be looking to further increase their lead.

On the other hand, the 12-match winning streak of India in T20I finally comes to an end with an eye-opening defeat and they are keen to level the series in the next game. The conditions at Cuttack Stadium will also support the Indian side. Hence, we predict that India will beat South Africa in the second T20I of this series.

T20 World Cup Betting Site

If you want to make real money from the cricket betting, join one of the reliable online cricket betting sites in India. We have selected for you only legal and reliable online cricket betting sites that are 100% confident in their honesty and safety. On the Esabll.eu' site, you can find a wide variety of sport bets. You can bet before the match or while the game is going. There is also a choice: to bet on the entire team or an individual player’s result. Each bet has its odds, so your benefit will vary too. But you always need to remember: above odds – above risks. Go forward the Genuine Cricket Betting Sites In India.