T20I 2022 2nd India Vs England Match Prediction: India Is Looking Good In Both The Batting And Bowling Departments

2022/11/02

Team India is leading the 3-match series 1-0 after their outstanding victory against England in the 1st game. It is a must-win game for the hosts to stay alive in this series. The men in blue will cross swords with England in the 2nd T20I international at Edgbaston in Birmingham on 9th July (Saturday). The Rohit Sharma-led Indian side will be keen to take an unassailable 2-0 lead in the series while England needs to make a strong comeback to level the series.

T20I 2022 2nd India Vs England Match Prediction

India completely outplayed England by 50 runs in the opening game of this T20 International series. India won the toss and elected to bat first. Rohit Sharma showed an aggressive approach right from the start as he smashed 5 fours in no time but unfortunately, he was dismissed on 24 runs by Moeen Ali. Ishan Kishan also became the scalp of Moeen after scoring just 8 runs.

Deepak Hooda and Suryakumar Yadav then played excellent cameos with the bat. They scored runs at a quick pace and India scored 66 runs off the powerplay. Deepak Hooda smashed 33 runs off 17 balls including 3 fours and 2 sixes while Suryakumar Yadav scored 39 runs off 19 balls including 4 fours and 2 sixes. Both of them were dismissed by Chris Jordan.

Hardik Pandya also played a brilliant knock in the final overs and completed his maiden half-century in T20I cricket. India scored 198 runs from their 20 overs. Chris Jordan and Moeen Ali claimed 2 wickets each for their side.

Later, England was stunned by the early-on swing bowling of Bhuvneshwar and Arshdeep and then Hardik Pandya. The English side lost their two key batters Buttler and Livingstone for ducks while Roy struggled to time the ball in that match. England lost 4 wickets within the first 6.1 overs of the innings and three of them were picked by Hardik Pandya. Moeen Ali and Harry Brook showed some resistance and built up a partnership but it wasn’t enough to win the game for their side. The 61-run stand between Brook and Moeen was ended by Yuzvendra Chahal who dismissed both the batters in the 13th over.

Moeen Ali was the top scorer for England with 36 runs off 20 balls while Harry Brook scored 28 runs off 23 balls. None of the other batters showed significant resistance and the whole England side was bowled out for 148 runs in 19.3 overs. Hardik Pandya hunted four wickets from his 4 overs while Chahal and Arshdeep picked two wickets each.

India vs England: Weather Report

The temperature is expected to hover around between 11°C and 14°C. There are less than 5 percent chances of rain and the conditions will be excellent for cricket.

India vs England Match Details

• Teams: England vs India
  • Match: 2nd T20 International, 2022.
  • Venue: Edgbaston Stadium, Birmingham
  • Date: 9th July, Saturday
  • Time: 07:30 PM IST
  • Live Streaming: Sony Six and Sony Liv App

India vs England Head-to-head Record

Here is the head-to-head record between England and India in T20 Internationals.

• Total Matches Played: 20
  • England won: 9
  • India won: 11
  • Tie/no results: 0

India vs England Pitch Report

Both the batters and bowlers will get benefit from the Edgbaston pitch. There will be a little bit of movement early on for the pacers but the spinners will play a big role on this pitch. Batting first will be easier as compared to chasing the target on this pitch.

Average 1st Innings Total

The average first innings total at Edgbaston is 160 runs.

India vs England: Squads

The squads of both England and India are given below:

Indian Squad:

Rohit Sharma (Captain), Ishan Kishan, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Deepak Hooda, Shreyas Iyer, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Rishabh Pant (wk), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Yuzvendra Chahal, Axar Patel, Ravi Bishnoi, Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Avesh Khan, Harshal Patel, Umran Malik.

England Squad:

Jos Buttler (Captain), Moeen Ali, Harry Brook, Sam Curran, Richard Gleeson, Chris Jordan, Liam Livingstone, Dawid Malan, Tymal Mills, Matthew Parkinson, Jason Roy, Phil Salt, Reece Topley, David Willey.

Possible Playing XIs for India vs England

England Playing XIs

Jason Roy, Jos Buttler (c & wk), Dawid Malan, Moeen Ali, Liam Livingstone, Harry Brook, Sam Curran, Chris Jordan, Tymal Mills, Reece Topley, Matthew Parkinson

India Playing XIs

Rohit Sharma (c), Virat Kohli, Deepak Hooda, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik/Rishabh Pant (wk), Axar Patel, Harshal Patel, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Arshdeep Singh, Yuzvendra Chahal

Possible Star Bowler Of The Match

Yuzvendra Chahal was impressive with the ball in the 1st T20I. He dismissed Harry Brook and Moeen Ali who were both looking good in the same over. The right-arm leg-spinner claimed up 2 wickets for just 32 runs from his 4 overs. Chahal will be a key player on a spin-friendly track at Edgbaston.

Possible Star Batter Of The Match

Deepak Hooda has been in excellent form with the bat for team India. He scored his maiden hundred against Ireland in the previous series and now he continued his form against England in the 1st T20I. Hooda slammed 33 runs off just 17 balls including 3 fours and 2 sixes. He is expected to score another good knock against England in the second T20 International on Saturday.

Possible Star All-Rounder Of The Match

Hardik Pandya was excellent with both bat and bowl in the 1st T20I against England. He scored 51 runs off 33 balls including 6 fours and a six this was also his maiden half-century in T20 Internationals. The all-rounder was also superb with the bowl as he destroyed the English batting lineup. Pandya picked up 4 wickets for just 33 runs from his 4 overs. He is once again expected to perform with both bat and bowl in the next game.

India Vs England Who Will Win

India is looking good in both the batting and bowling departments and they have strong bench strength. India will become more stronger with the return of some big players in the playing 11.

Meanwhile, England struggled in both departments in the 1st T20I but they can make a strong comeback in the 2nd T20I as they have a strong squad.

We predict that India will beat England in the 2nd T20I.

Know More About T20 World Cup Related Interest Topic

T20 World Cup Betting Site

If you want to make real money from the cricket betting, join one of the reliable online cricket betting sites in India. We have selected for you only legal and reliable online cricket betting sites that are 100% confident in their honesty and safety. On the Esabll.eu' site, you can find a wide variety of sport bets. You can bet before the match or while the game is going. There is also a choice: to bet on the entire team or an individual player’s result. Each bet has its odds, so your benefit will vary too. But you always need to remember: above odds – above risks. Go forward the Genuine Cricket Betting Sites In India.