T20I 3rd 2022 India Vs West Indies Match Prediction: India Has A Strong Lineup And Will Make A Strong Comeback

2022/11/02

The Final game of this series will be a decider as both India and West Indies have won one game each in this 3-match series that is currently leveled at 1-1.

The men in blue will Lock horns with West Indies in the 3rd and final T20I on 2nd August (Tuesday) at Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts. West Indies made an excellent comeback in the 2nd T20I to keep the series alive and now they will be keen to avail this golden chance of winning a T20I series against India.

T20I 3rd 2022 India Vs West Indies Match Prediction

India comprehensively won the 1st game courtesy of some brilliant knocks from Rohit Sharma and Dinesh Karthik that the Indian bowlers also bowled well to restrict West Indies to just 138 runs.

In the second T20I, West Indies stunned India with some exceptional bowling performance. India was once again bamboozled by a left-arm pacer as Obed McCoy single-handedly destroyed the Indian batting unit. Obed McCoy registered a record-breaking performance in this match, he picked up 6 wickets for just 17 runs from his 4 overs. This is also the best bowling figure by a West Indian bowler in T20I.

Batting first, India lost their skipper Rohit Sharma on the very first ball of the match as he was caught out for a golden duck off McCoy’s bowling. McCoy then dismissed Suryakumar for just 11 runs. India continued to lose wickets throughout the innings. Ravindra Jadeja and Hardik Pandya tried to build up a partnership but the Caribbean bowlers were just too good for them.

India was bowled out for just 138 runs within the 20 overs. Hardik Pandya was the top scorer for India with 31 runs off 31 balls including four and two sixes. Ravindra Jadeja and Rishabh Pant scored 27 and 24 runs respectively for their side. Obed McCoy claimed a 6-wicket haul while Jason Holder picked two wickets in that game.

Chasing 139 runs, West Indies were looking comfortable in the beginning as Brandon King smashed a brilliant half-century for his side at the top. He scored 68 runs off 52 balls including 8 fours and 2 sixes. West Indies lost some quick wickets in the middle overs and due to some tight bowling from the Indian bowlers, the game started to become interesting. West Indies needed 10 runs off the last over but Avesh Khan started the over with a no-ball that was followed by a 6 on the free hit. Thomas then smashed a four to get his side over the line and level the series at 1-1. Except for Bhuvneshwar Kumar (who surprisingly bowled just 2 overs, all the other Indian bowlers picked up one wicket each.

India Vs West Indies Match Details

• Date – Tuesday, 2nd August 2022
  • Time – 9:30 PM IST
  • Venue – Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts
  • Live Streaming: FanCode

Average 1st Innings Total

The average 1st innings score at Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts is 150 runs.

India Vs West Indies Pitch Report

The pitch at Warner Park, Basseterre assists the batting side but India failed to score many runs on this batting-friendly track. The pitch is also a bit slow so, the batters will need to play carefully and then score runs freely. As we have seen in the previous game, chasing the target will be easier as compared to batting first.

Weather Report

The temperature in the 3rd T20I is expected to hover around 27°C with 68-74% humidity on match day. There are almost no chances of rain in Trinidad on Tuesday.

India Vs West Indies Squads

West Indies Squads

Nicholas Pooran (c), Rovman Powell, Shamarh Brooks, Dominic Drakes, Shimron Hetmyer, Jason Holder, Akeal Hosein, Alzarri Joseph, Brandon King, Obed McCoy, Keemo Paul, Romario Shephard, Odean Smith, Devon Thomas, Hayden Walsh.

India Squads

Rohit Sharma (C), Suryakumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer, Deepak Hooda, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ishan Kishan, KL Rahul, Dinesh Karthik, Rishabh Pant, Ravi Bishnoi, Kuldeep Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Avesh Khan, Harshal Patel, Arshdeep Singh

India Vs West Indies Probable Playing XI

Here are the possible playing XIs of both teams

West Indies Playing XI

Brandon King, Kyle Mayers, Shimron Hetmyer, Odean Smith, Nicholas Pooran (C & WK), Rovman Powell, Akeal Hosein, Romario Shepherd, Alzarri Joseph, Obed McCoy, Hayden Walsh

India Playing XI

Rohit Sharma (C), Suryakumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer/Deepak Hooda, Rishabh Pant (WK), Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik, Ravindra Jadeja, Ravi Bishnoi, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ravichandran Ashwin, Arshdeep Singh

India Vs West Indies Possible Star Batter Of The Match

Rohit Sharma

Rohit Sharma was dismissed for a golden duck in the previous match but he looked in good touch with the bat in the 1st T20I. The Indian skipper scored 64 runs off 42 balls including 7 fours and 2 sixes in that game. He was unlucky to not contribute much in the second T20I due to a surprising delivery from Obed McCoy but he is an experienced batsman and knows how to come back. He is likely to score a good knock for India in the series decider.

India Vs West Indies Probable Star Bowler Of The Match

Obed McCoy

The West Indian pacer was almost unplayable in the second T20I against India. McCoy destroyed the Indian batting lineup with his excellent bowling spell. The left-arm quick registered the best bowling spell by a West Indian bowler in T20 Internationals. He grabbed six important wickets from his 4 overs for just 17 runs. He is looking in good rhythm and he will be confident to pick more wickets and deliver another match-winning spell for his team in the all-important decider.

India Vs West Indies Match Prediction Who Will Win

India was excellent in the 1st T20I but West Indies roared back in the 2nd T20I to level the series. They were impressive with the ball and didn’t allow the Indian batters to settle in. Their confidence will be quite high before going into the Final match.

Although India collapsed in the previous game but still, they are a batter side as compared to the hosts. India has a strong lineup and they will make a strong comeback in the 3rd T20I.

Hence, we predict that India will beat West Indies in the 3rd T20I of this series.

Know More About T20 World Cup Related Interest Topic

T20 World Cup Betting Site

If you want to make real money from the cricket betting, join one of the reliable online cricket betting sites in India. We have selected for you only legal and reliable online cricket betting sites that are 100% confident in their honesty and safety. On the Esabll.eu' site, you can find a wide variety of sport bets. You can bet before the match or while the game is going. There is also a choice: to bet on the entire team or an individual player’s result. Each bet has its odds, so your benefit will vary too. But you always need to remember: above odds – above risks. Go forward the Genuine Cricket Betting Sites In India.